Powell, OH – The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium is pleased to announce the launch of the Columbus Zoo mobile application. The mobile app is free to download and is available for the iPhone and iPad, as well as, the Android platform.
The Columbus Zoo mobile app features:
- A GPS enabled map displaying guest’s location and includes a “Near Me” button which lists the Zoo’s animal habitats, concession stands, food court and restrooms in proximity to the guest’s location.
- The “Calendar” button features a 90 Day Planner that allows guests to create a personalized schedule of upcoming special events.
- The application’s homepage includes useful information to help “Plan Your Visit”, “Explore Your Zoo”, view “Our Favorite Videos” and “Conservation Segments” and a special tool called “Friend Finder” that allows guests to locate their friends at the Zoo.
- The “Animals” button provides guests with photos and facts about Columbus Zoo animals.
- The application’s “More” button provides users with helpful information on the Zoo’s other entities - Zoombezi Bay, Safari Golf Club and the Wilds.
- The ability to purchase Zoo and Zoombezi Bay tickets.
“We are very excited for the launch of the Columbus Zoo mobile app and hope it achieves our goals of enhancing the guest’s experience,” said Dale Schmidt, President and CEO of the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium. “We have spent a significant amount of time identifying and including features that we know our supporters expect from the number one zoo in the country.”
The Columbus Zoo mobile app is available now for free download on the iTunes App Store and Android Market. Search for “Columbus Zoo” to download.
Columbus Zoo and Aquarium is open 363 days a year 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. after Labor Day. General admission is $14.00 for adults, $9.00 for children ages 2 to 9 and $10.00 for seniors 60+. Children under 2 and Columbus Zoo members are free. The Zoo was named the #1 Zoo in America by USA Travel Guide and is accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA). A 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium has earned Charity Navigator’s prestigious 4-star rating. For more information and to purchase advance Zoo admission tickets, visit www.columbuszoo.org.